[daip] Re: REWEIGHT in DBCON

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 17 10:51:10 EST 2004

Ian Pattison writes:

 > The C config' data was 25 MHz bandwidth, whereas the B was 2AD mode (50
 > MHz made up of eight 6.25 MHz channels. Looking at the History (PRTHI)
 > file for this DBCON'd data, I see they reweighted the B data by 0.25. Is
 > this because the B data has 1/4 the individual channel width of C?
 >
 > If so, then my data was taken in 4 mode, with 8 channels of 3.125 MHz.
 > This would mean a channel width of 1/8 that of the C data. So, when I
 > DBCON my A-data with the BC data, I should reweight my data by 0.125?

You have already told me that the weights were 1/Jy**2 properly
calibrated.  If that is so REWEIGHT show be 1,1.  The bandwidths are
already in the weights and no further correction is required.

If the weights are the old style, simply a count of 10-sec records,
then the reweight you describe is appropriate.