[daip] latest AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 13 11:52:45 EST 2004

Victor Migenes writes:

 > 	I seem to have some problems with the installation
 > 	of the latest AIPS (SUL).  It is requesting the
 > 	libF77.so.4 library which we dont have. We only have
 > 	the libF77.so.3 version.  I tried to trick the aips
 > 	installation but it did not work. I have contacted
 > 	a few collegues in Mexico requesting to borrow their
 > 	*.4 version but apparently we only have the *.3 in
 > 	Mexico!  Do you have access to a copy of the *.4
 > 	version you could send me via email? I just want to
 > 	check that this is the only problem I am having but
 > 	everything is stuck at this point.  The library should
 > 	be in the /opt/SUNWspro/SC4.2/lib directory. If you
 > 	can help I would really appreciate it!

Are you refering to 31DEC03 from CDrom?  This is the problem with
binary installations - they depend on too many things.  We really
recommend that the local site compile aips locally - in that case they
can even use 31DEC04 which is really the "latest AIPS".  I find
references to this file in the binaries we ship but I do not know
where it comes from.  We have used the 6.2 compiler to make the
binaries we are shipping.

I notice that it is available from our ftp site

ftp://ftp.aoc.nrao.edu/pub/software/aips/31DEC03/SUL/lib/libF77.so.4

for some reason.