[daip] question about aips tasks

Hiroko Shinnaga shinnaga at submm.caltech.edu
Tue Dec 21 22:58:50 EST 2004

Dear Eric Greisen,

   I think I found part of the reasons
for this issue.  I ran out of my idea,
at this moment.  If you find anything
which I could try, please let me know.

   It seems that "LISTR" with SCAN option
does not print out the actual schedule
done during the period, but prints out the
"predicted" schedule, which is the same
as the schedule that is created by the
observing script (through jobserve).
I did not know about this.  It seems I
misunderstood the role of "LISTR".

Hiroko

Hiroko Shinnaga wrote:
> [...]
>>> AIPS 1: DOUVCOMP     -1                    1 (T) => compressed data
>>> AIPS 1: DOALL        -1                    1 (T) => write all data.
>>> AIPS 1: DOCONCAT     -1                    1 (T) => append data to old
>>> AIPS 1:                                    files
>>> AIPS 1: NCOUNT        0                    Number of files to read
>>> AIPS 1: DOWEIGHT      1                    Use nominal sensitivity to
>>> AIPS 1:                                    scale weights?
>>> AIPS 1:                                    = 10, use Memo 108 weights
>>> AIPS 1: DOACOR       -1                    Load autocorrelation data?
>>> AIPS 1: CPARM         0           0        User options.
>>> AIPS 1:               0           0        1 => Avg. time (seconds)
>>> AIPS 1:               0           0        2 => bitmap    (see help)
>>> AIPS 1:               0          0.05           = 16 for planets & Sun
>>> AIPS 1:               0           0        3 => Max. OK IF status
>>> AIPS 1:                                         <=3 => 3
>>> AIPS 1:                                    4 => Control dropping of
>>> AIPS 1: ** press RETURN for more, enter Q or next line to quit print **
>>> #
>>> AIPS 1:                                         shadowed data
>>> AIPS 1:                                         < 0 => no shadow check
>>> AIPS 1:                                         0 => 25 m limit
>>> AIPS 1:                                         > 0 => Shadow limit is
>>> AIPS 1:                                               CPARM(4) in meters
>>> AIPS 1:                                    5 = channel code (see HELP)
>>> AIPS 1:                                    6 => Subarray number-see HELP
>>> AIPS 1:                                    7 => FQ entry tolerance (kHz)
>>> AIPS 1:                                         (see HELP)
>>> AIPS 1:                                    8 => CL table time incr. min
>>> AIPS 1:                                    9 => TY table time incr. min
>>> AIPS 1:                                    10=> Calibrator avg. time
>>> AIPS 1: DPARM      *all 0                  Selection by Frequency
>>> AIPS 1:                                    1+2 => A Frequency (Hz)
>>> AIPS 1:                                    3+4 => B Frequency (Hz)
>>> AIPS 1:                                    5+6 => C Frequency (Hz)
>>> AIPS 1:                                    7+8 => D Frequency (Hz)
>>> AIPS 1:                                    9 => tolerance for A&C
>>> AIPS 1:                                    10 => tolerance for B&D
>>> AIPS 1: BPARM        20           1        Opacity and Gain curve
>>> AIPS 1:               0           0        control (see help)
>>> AIPS 1:               0           0           0           0
>>> AIPS 1:               0           0.75
>>> AIPS 1: IN2FILE    '                                                '
>>> AIPS 1:                                    Antenna gains file
>>>
>>> Under the directory MYAREA, I have four tape

>>> AS813.NOV02.XP2
>>> AS813.NOV02.XP3

Hiroko Shinnaga, Staff Scientist    email: shinnaga at submm.calteh.edu
Caltech Submillimeter Observatory   Phone: 808-935-1909
California Institute of Technology  Fax:   808-961-6273
111 Nowelo St., Hilo, HI 96720 USA  http://puuoo.submm.caltech.edu/~hs