[daip] Re: question about aips installation

Hiroko Shinnaga shinnaga at submm.caltech.edu
Fri Dec 3 16:14:27 EST 2004

Dear Eric Greisen,

   It seems AIPS installation was done
successfully.  However, when I run AIPS,
I cannot have TV.  I have following
warning messages;

XAS: ***********************************
XAS: **  No TrueColor found
XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: No pseudocolor visual - No suitable visual: No such file or directory

Could you let me know how to fix this?
I'm using suse (not redhat) on the machine.

   Hope to hear from you soon.  Thank you
very much for your help.

Hiroko

Hiroko Shinnaga, Staff Scientist    email: shinnaga at submm.calteh.edu
Caltech Submillimeter Observatory   Phone: 808-935-1909
California Institute of Technology  Fax:   808-961-6273
111 Nowelo St., Hilo, HI 96720 USA  http://puuoo.submm.caltech.edu/~hs