[daip] Re: SNFLG gripe

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Apr 18 16:18:00 EDT 2004

Lincoln Greenhill writes:
 > Hi Eric,
 >
 > > >From appearance you are leaving FLAGVER=0 and so each execution is
 > > adding to a previous FG table - hence the smaller numbers.
 >
 > I just reviewed my SNFLG settings via a TGET.  I do set FLAGVER to 2 and
 > 3 in my tests.
 >
 > I am a confused by your reference to smaller numbers. I apply SNFLG to
 > SN3, and whether I flag jumps of 170 degrees or 90 degrees, I seem to
 > have the same number of visibilities after I apply the flag tables in
 > SPLIT.

Your data set had flags for 90 degrees and more in all 3 flag verions
which were included.  It is therefore not suprising that SPLIT
produced the same results.  If you tell SNFLG FLAGVER=2, then FG 2 is
copied to a new FG # and then things are added to that new number.
All FG entries are copied including previous runs (say at 90 deg) of
SNFLG.