[daip] Scalebar in KNTR?

Uwe Bach ubach at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de
Wed Apr 14 07:10:13 EDT 2004

Dear AIPS Group,

we regularly use AIPS to reduce and analyse VLBI data, also for
making images intended for publication and presentation. For this
purpose, it is often useful to have a scalebar indicating the pc/mas
scale in the map, especially when one wants to present images observed
at different frequencies and hence different resolutions. At present,
we use Xfig to add a scale bar to my images, requiring to generate an
Xfig project, add the image, add the scale bar with text, and to
export the new image. It would be nice to have the possibility to plot
such a scalebar directly in one of the corners of the map.

We wonder whether it is possible to implement such an option into
KNTR/CNTR/CCNTR/PCNTR? It might not be one of the urgent needs, but I
am convinced that it would be a welcomed convenience for many AIPS
users.

Thanks and kind regards
Uwe Bach
Enno Middelberg