[daip] need help with an error message

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Apr 5 16:43:41 EDT 2004

Dr. Sylvie F. Beaulieu writes:
 > I am running version 31DEC03 on RedHat 9 which I have installed
 > myself with no problem except this one which I only noticed today
 > (I have installed 31DEC03 last December).
 >
 > At startup, I get this error:
 >
 > "Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno or h_errno directly.
 > Needs to be fixed."

      Are you sure that it is 31DEC03?  Is it the frozen version from
the end of 2003 or some earlier date?  This bug should have been gone
after April 13, 2003.

      What compiler did you use?

 > I have no idea where to look for in correcting this error.
 >
 > I checked that I may need a patch but the list of patches on
 > your site does not seem to match this error.

       It was issued as a patch for 31DEC02 but fixed by us in
31DEC03.

 > This error may be what is affecting the task "lwpla" : this task give
 > me this warning:
 >
 > AIPS 1: MISSING ADVERB: TRY A 'COMPRESS' OR 'HELP NOADVERB' FOR INFO
 > AIPS 1: SYMBOL?       DODARK

DODARK was a new adverb in the 31DEC02 version (in Nov 2002).  Having
installed aips and run popsgn, this adverb should be available.  Your
old LASTEXIT or other SAVE/GET files may not know it - the compress
will teach them the new words, but you then need to save them on disk
(an exit automatically makes lASTEXIT).

 > I tried to do a "compress" but then got this error:
 >
 > AIPS 1: ZTXOP2: FORTRAN OPEN ERROR =     13
 > AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE /usr/local/aips/RUN/COMPtele.1.01E
 > AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZTXOP2 ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
 > AIPS 1: CREATE FILE?
 >
 > Is this something that I can fix easily?

The permissions on the disk directory /usr/local/aips/RUN/ apparently
do not allow you to write there.  That area should allow just about
anyone read and write access.  Using the account you used to install
aips, change the directory permissions.