[daip] need help with an error message

Dr. Sylvie F. Beaulieu sbeaulieu at phy.ulaval.ca
Mon Apr 5 15:54:35 EDT 2004

Quebec, 5.April.2004

Hello,

I am running version 31DEC03 on RedHat 9 which I have installed
myself with no problem except this one which I only noticed today
(I have installed 31DEC03 last December).

At startup, I get this error:

"Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno or h_errno directly.
Needs to be fixed."

I have no idea where to look for in correcting this error.

I checked that I may need a patch but the list of patches on
your site does not seem to match this error.

This error may be what is affecting the task "lwpla" : this task give
me this warning:

AIPS 1: MISSING ADVERB: TRY A 'COMPRESS' OR 'HELP NOADVERB' FOR INFO
AIPS 1: SYMBOL?       DODARK

I tried to do a "compress" but then got this error:

AIPS 1: ZTXOP2: FORTRAN OPEN ERROR =     13
AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE /usr/local/aips/RUN/COMPtele.1.01E
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZTXOP2 ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
AIPS 1: CREATE FILE?

Is this something that I can fix easily?

Cheers - Sylvie.

        Astronome - Dr. Sylvie F. Beaulieu - Astronomer

Universite Laval                 Email : sbeaulieu at phy.ulaval.ca
Dept. de physique                Off.  : (418) 656-2131 ext: 6266
Pavillon Alexandre-Vachon        Sec   : (418) 656-2652
Quebec, (Quebec)                 Fax   : (418) 656-2040
Canada  G1K 7P4

http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~beaulieu/index.html