[daip] help installing AIPS

Wells,Shannon swells at agnesscott.edu
Thu Sep 11 16:43:13 EDT 2003

Greetings,

I am attempting to install AIPS on one of the machines here at Agnes Scott College and I am coming up with some interesting error messages.  I have completely installed AIPS, but when I start it up it won't open the TV and it gives me the following error messages:

AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: TVSERV is already running on host galileo, user aips
XASERVERS: Start XAS on galileo, DISPLAY :0
/home/aips/AIPS/31DEC02/SYSTEM/UNIX/XASERVERS: line 206: ./XAS: Permission denied
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on galileo, DISPLAY :0
STARTPMON: [GALILEO] Starting TPMON9 with output SUPPRESSED
ZVTPO3: tcp/aipsmt8 is not a service
ZVTPO3: check /etc/services or NIS map!
STARTPMON: [GALILEO] Starting TPMONA with output SUPPRESSED
/home/aips/AIPS/31DEC02/SYSTEM/UNIX/STARTPMON: line 274: TPMON10: command not found
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on galileo, DISPLAY :0

Any assistance that you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shannon Jewel Wells