[daip] first try running the midnight job

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 27 16:44:19 EST 2003

Piner Glenn writes:

This seems to have escaped me without getting answered - sorry about
that....

 > I tried running the aips MNJ for the first time last night and had the following e-mail this morning.  This seems to indicate something is going wrong. Any ideas what the problem is?  Thanks,
 >
 > Glenn Piner
 >
 > >From gpiner at quasar1.whittier.edu  Fri Sep 26 01:30:01 2003
 > Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:30:00 -0500
 > From: root at quasar1.whittier.edu (Cron Daemon)
 > To: gpiner at quasar1.whittier.edu
 > Subject: Cron <gpiner at quasar1> /home/gpiner/do_daily.quasar1
 >
 > /home/gpiner/do_daily.quasar1: line 1: /SETNAME: No such file or directory

cron has the unfortunate habit of not knowing anything when it starts
not even your usual or even in general the most basic $PATH.  In
addition, the do_daily we used to make had an error in it - assuming
that the aips_root area and your home area are the same.  It should
now say something like

# Get cvs in the path...
# PATH=$PATH:/set/me/to/dir/where/cvs/is/found
# export PATH
#
. /home/imager-a/AIPS/aips/LOGIN.SH >/dev/null 2>&1
$CDTST >/dev/null 2>&1
#

where the /home/imager-a/AIPS/aips is the actual explicit path name to
the AIPS_ROOT area.  Procedures in that area access SETNAME which
should be in $AIPS_ROOT.

Try the MNJ first by hand rather than cron (this is the way most
people run it anyway).

I hope this helps - if not send me more diagnostics...