[daip] Install problem on Linux

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 6 16:20:46 EDT 2003

Gary, Dale writes:
 > I am trying to install 31DEC03 on a Linux machine, and at the very start of the compile stage it gives an error and stops.  The error is /home/aips/31DEC03/SYSTEM/UNIX/MAKEAT: PRINTENV: command not found.
 >
 > I did find PRINTENV in /home/aips/31DEC03/LINUX/SYSTEM/CSTR/PRINTENV, but I do not know how to tell the perl script where it is, or why it would not know where it is in the first place.  I hope you can tell me a simple procedure to make the compile work.

Did you change your mind about the SITE name?

I ask because there seems to be a path problem - the $SYSLOCAL has the
$SITE name in it and $SYSLOXCAL should end up in your $PATH.

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH    (or . LOGIN.SH)
$CDTST

which PRINTENV

shoudl give a correct answer.

Check ~/.AIPSRC and $AIPS_ROOT/HOSTS.LIST to make sure that the SITE
name you want is the only one present.

Then start up install.pl again.