[daip] Re: FITLD and JIVE data

Huib Jan van Langevelde langevelde at jive.nl
Thu Oct 2 02:50:40 EDT 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Eric Greisen wrote:

>      It turns out that most of the main header is ignored even when
> parsed.  The header is initialized much later.  I added code to trap
> the INSTRUME keyword value and get it into the right place.

Thanks.

>  >
>  > A related question is about the sort order. We explicitly set it to TB,
>  > as it comes out sorted. This is indeed copied to AIPS, unless you read
>  > multiple (time-sequenced) FITS files, than it seems to be set to **.
>  > I guess, as you cannot be certain about the order of the FITS files,
>  > this is the desired behaviour? There is no way around this? Sorting is
>  > quite a big step for these datasets.
>
> The sort order is set to TB in IDI and then changed to ** only when an
> out of order sample is found.  MSORT should not be a big deal now that
> I have fixed it (very recently).

OK, I will have to check that, because it implies we are somehow
destroying the TB ourselves...

Groeten, Huib

Huib Jan van Langevelde, Head Software Group
	                 European VLBI Network Correlator at JIVE

langevelde at jive.nl                        Web   : http://www.jive.nl/~huib
Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe        Phone : +31-521-596515
Radiosterrenwacht Dwingeloo               or    : +31-521-596500
Postbus 2                                 Fax   : +31-521-596539
7990 AA DWINGELOO                         Home  : +31-528-221273
the Netherlands           when traveling, Mobile: +31-621201419

NOTE: Delivery of e-mail to this address has been occasionally slow and
      not 100% reliable, please acknowledge receipt and copy
      huib_van_langevelde at hotmail.com when in doubt.