[daip] Mac OS X AIPS install crash

Schuyler D. Van Dyk vandyk at ipac.caltech.edu
Fri Nov 28 17:13:32 EST 2003

Hi Wes:

The IBM beta compilers on the IBM site seem now to be only for G5's (the
new laptops are still G4's, but running OS 10.3).  I'm not a sys admin, so
I'm not sure what I'd be doing in building g77 from source.  I had obtained
what I thought was the most recent version of g77 from the Fink site, following the
instructions for the install on the AIPS Mac OS page.  My wife, Jean
Turner, who has G4's running Mac OS 10.2, was able to compile successfully
31DEC03 recently.  It's a little perplexing that with a slightly more
advanced OS I'm not able to get it all to compile properly with basically
the same software (both from NRAO and from Fink).  Any further assistance
is greatly appreciated, including instructions on how to restart the
Wizard, once the compiler issue has been straightened out.

Thanks!

Schuyler