[daip] AIPS TV device

Miguel de Val Borro miguel at astro.su.se
Mon Nov 24 07:57:20 EST 2003

Hi,

When we run AIPS remotely from another machine sometimes one
finds the messages:

AIPS 2: You are not on a local TV device, welcome stranger
AIPS 2: You are assigned TV device/server   2
AIPS 2: You are assigned graphics device/server   2
UNIXSERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSRV1 on saerimner
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Unix (local) domain
UNIXSERVERS: Start XAS1 on saerimner, DISPLAY localhost:12.0
UNIXSERVERS: TKSRV1 is already running on host saerimner, display (unknown), user rolandk
UNIXSERVERS: MSSRV1 is already running on host saerimner, display (unknown), user (unknown)

The problem is that TKSRV1 and MSSRV1 are still around but
TVSRV1 is not.

It looks like we don't have enough TV servers, if I launch a
second session there's a message:

ZSTRT1: ZSTRTA: ******  ALL AIPS ARE IN USE.  ******

How can we set up additional TV slots?

Thanks in advance.