[daip] Re: cookbook

douglas bock dbock at astron.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 17 13:25:38 EST 2003

Eric,

What it does is to substitute the Latex bitmapped fonts for standard
postscript fonts. So, if anything, it should print more reliably on
postscript devices. The .pdf name makes sense to the average user (who
wants pdf)  but is strictly a bit of a misnomer. You can find out more
about this by searching on the web.

Things look very slightly different with the different font, but I have
never had any troubles. Even the ps prints with better resolution on ps
printers.

I use the ps2pdf that comes with ghostscript (we have version 7.04).

I just tried a test file. I used dvip -Ppdf on paso, but your ps2pdf broke
on this.  Using ps2pdf in Berkeley it works (perhaps your gs would need to
be updated).

If you send me a latex file for a cookbook chapter (with equations) I
could quickly test on our system and show you the result.

cheers

Douglas