[daip] Problem with userid access

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 6 10:49:42 EST 2003

Rodney Smith writes:

 > I have just reinstalled the 31DEC03 version of AIPS on to our Linux
 > server, which is running RedHat 9. This was to remove a mentioned binary
 > incompatability that was arising because we were using the RedHat 7.3
 > binaries under 9 (these were working OK though). The newly installed AIPS
 > works fine for me on a RedHat 9 machine, however another user is having
 > problems and emailed me the following:

    We have a RedHat 7.2 machine as our master and all Linux machines
use the binaries.  That seems okay.  RedHat 9 machines cannot compile
and link with the master machine's libraries however.

 > I've tried to run tasks - but any time I try and tget a task, run it, or
 > check the inputs, I get:
 >
 > AIPS 1: ZDIR: COULD NOT TRANSLATE LOGICAL =
 > AIPS 1: ZDIR: OUTPUT
 > AIPS 1: ZTXMAT ERROR =      2
 >

 > I have him down as user 1024 and I am user 1025. When he logs in to AIPS
 > as user 1025 there are no problems. When I log in as user 1024 there are
 > apparently no problems. However, with the data files intimately linked to
 > the user ID this doesn't really get us anywhere - I can reduce my or his
 > data and he can only reduce mine!

What appears to have happened is that user 1024 has a LASTEXIT
SAVE/GET file with a corrupted value for the adverb VERSION.  He
should enter

VERSION=''

and then I bet things will work better.  A RESTORE 0 may be required.