[daip] Problem with userid access

Rodney Smith Rodney.Smith at astro.cf.ac.uk
Thu Nov 6 09:27:15 EST 2003

Dear Designated AIP,

I have just reinstalled the 31DEC03 version of AIPS on to our Linux
server, which is running RedHat 9. This was to remove a mentioned binary
incompatability that was arising because we were using the RedHat 7.3
binaries under 9 (these were working OK though). The newly installed AIPS
works fine for me on a RedHat 9 machine, however another user is having
problems and emailed me the following:

I've tried to run tasks - but any time I try and tget a task, run it, or
check the inputs, I get:

AIPS 1: ZDIR: COULD NOT TRANSLATE LOGICAL =
AIPS 1: ZDIR: OUTPUT
AIPS 1: ZTXMAT ERROR =      2

I have him down as user 1024 and I am user 1025. When he logs in to AIPS
as user 1025 there are no problems. When I log in as user 1024 there are
apparently no problems. However, with the data files intimately linked to
the user ID this doesn't really get us anywhere - I can reduce my or his
data and he can only reduce mine!

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Rodney

 Rodney Smith                             Email    : R.Smith at astro.cf.ac.uk
 Astronomy Computing Manager              Phone    : +44 (0)29 2087 5282
 University of Wales, College of Cardiff  Fax      : +44 (0)29 2087 4056
 Department of Physics and Astronomy
 P.O. Box 913, Cardiff, CF24 3YB.