[daip] DA01:MSD001000.001;

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 5 17:07:06 EST 2003

Alvaro Labiano writes:

Pat has provided most answers although I must disagree with one - or
at least suggest another check on things

 > AIPS 1: ZDCHIN: NO NETSP ENTRY FOR DA01

This suggests that the old DADEVS.LIST and NETSP files in
$AIPS_ROOT/DA00 were not copied over to your new version.  They should
have been.

 > XAS: ***********************************
 > XAS: **  No TrueColor found
 > XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
 > XAS: ***********************************
 > XAS: Using screen width height 1270 924, max grey level 196
 > XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
 > Shared memory id failure: No space left on device

What sort of computer are you on?  If it is a Solaris machine I am
suprised that there is no TrueColor.  This may be an error because the
limit on shared memory size has been hit.  There are parameters in
system files under Solaris and Mac OS/X which may have to be set.  The
Aips Manager FAQ and the Mac pages on the AIPS web site cover these.

 > I went to my "data" directories and there in no MSD001000.001; file. It
 > also happens that I don't get the TV display (just the TEK and MSG). I
 > don't know if both things are related.

The MS error means just that no one has logged in as user 1 to create
such a file and user 1 is the default user until you enter a number.

The TV is from the shared memory error and you really want shared
memory.  The fact that it is using :0.0 for the display tells me that
it is not thinking that it is a foreign machine despite the welcome
stranger line.  Perhaps you have used up the shared memory allowed on
your machine.  Try an "ipcs -m" command.