[daip] START_AIPS

Hiroshi IMAI imai at jive.nl
Mon May 26 08:51:44 EDT 2003

Dear Eric,

We would like to ask how to recover the problem in AIPS appearing
after recent midnight job. Now we cannot excecute AIPS correctly
in only one of our LINUX machines even if all LINUX machine use
the same AIPS files in the same directory. Since we made a midnight
job, which improved some of START_AIPS on April 7, 2003, we have
seen the following error messages,

ZLOCK: No locks available
ZERROR: ON FILE TSTMEM:MED000000;
ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRND = 37 (No locks available)

To understand these messages, we have made some trials, e.g.
exchange START_AIPS and MED000000; to the older version files,
but the situation does not change to the previous better one.
It means that necessary files have already improved without
backups and we cannot return to the previous situation.

We would like to understand what happend and
to which AIPS complains only in the LINUX machine.
Thank you very much for much your help.

Best regards,

Hiroshi

        *          Hiroshi IMAI, Ph.D.
 *             *   EVN Support Scientist,   E-mail: imai at jive.nl
     European
*     VLBI      *
      Network       Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe (JIVE)
 *             *    Postbus 2, 7990 AA Dwingeloo, the Netherlands
   *         *      Tel: +31 521 596540 (Office) FAX: +31 521 597332
        *           URL: www.jive.nl/~imai