[daip] AIPS installation on IBM RS6000

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon May 5 11:38:30 EDT 2003

Note from Pat:

Just FWIW, y'all probably figured it out anyway, but clearly the value of
the Fortran compiler is "" in his .AIPSRC file:

> AipsWiz:  =====> Configuring READLINE library...
> AipsWiz: Error: Unable to compile the UNSHR program!
> AipsWiz: Error: Tried  -O -o UNSHR.IBM unshr.f
                       ^^
Nothing there!

> sh: ./UNSHR.IBM:  not found.

This looks like an oops; maybe we had an AIX-specific version at one time?
I don't remember one, but the IBMs always were quite weird.

Try:

Look in your ~/.AIPSRC file.  What does it say for FORT?

Since we have no access to IBMs at this time our support for them is
problematical.  install.pl may have a problem, but first it would be
wise to check this data problem.