[daip] Re: ftp login failed

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Jun 17 10:40:13 EDT 2003

Try it again.  There were indeed blocks to a large part of the former
Soviet Union and other similar geographic areas.  These blocks are in
place because of a now 17-month long denial of service attack being
received by our ftp sites from such addresses.  We believe these
attacks have been distributed in a virus and will continue until all
the infected PCs are retired - years from now.

However, we have determined that you are a legitimate user and have
made an opening for you to our aoc ftp site.

Sorry for the problem - software pirates angry over their inability to
use us a place to store and retrieve there ill-gotten gains are the
real culprits.