[daip] Re: question

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon Jun 16 15:35:48 EDT 2003

Joanne M. Attridge writes:

 > I have a question already. This should be an easy one. My student's
 > AIPS now makes us wait for every task to finish, and won't let us
 > ABORT. Yes, I have set "dowa -1". Doesn't matter. It was working at the
 > end of last week (supposedly - as you know I was in Socorro), and
 > then mysteriously stopped working on Friday.
 >
 > Ideas?

No.  Questions - can you talk to AIPS at all?  Are you absolutely sure
of DOWAIT?  Is this a procedure?  File locking could also be behind
this but it takes a while to get a message about "waiting for file
...".  Does this happen on a task that takes a long time?

Other thoughts - is the task interactive?  E.g. DOCRT > 0, IMAGR with
more than 64 fields, TVFLG, etc?

Eric