[daip] modifying aips

Ibrahima Bah ibrahima_bah at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 17:55:16 EDT 2003

hi,
While using aips, i have failed in doing grey scale contour overlap on
specific places of radio and IR images with the same galactic coordinates.
However i have come to realize that aips do not offer this option with the
kntr task.  Therefore i decided to modify this task so it that it can do
grey-scale on selected parts of these images.  In other words to have the
option of setting ttrc, tblc, tyinc and txinc of different images for
grey-scaling.  However after seeing the coding for this task, i realize that
this promises to be a really complex and hard job for that the coding is
very long and my understanding of fortran is limited.  My questions are 1 is
there a way other than the kntr task to do this with out having to cut-up
peices from these images and creating knew ones? 2 if not how can i get
assistances in modifying the kntr function?  Thank very much!

Ibrahima Bah