[daip] can't build own program in GB

Toney Minter tminter at gb.nrao.edu
Fri Jun 6 14:51:19 EDT 2003

I just tried recompiling my own AIPS program here in Green Bank on a
linux machine.  It was not successful.  Here is what I did (on scintle):

> cd /home/scratch/tminter/HI/aips
> . /home/aips/LOGIN.SH
> $CDTST
> COMLNK UVPS.FOR APGNOT.OPT
/home/aips/31DEC03/SYSTEM/UNIX/COMLNK: PWD: command not found
/home/aips/31DEC03/SYSTEM/UNIX/COMLNK: /COMLNK.18826: Permission denied
Usage: COMLNK [path/][@]program[.FOR,.f,.C,.c,.S,.s,.o]] \
              [AIPS-sytle-options] [UNIX-style-options] \
              [file.OPT] [file.LOG]
COMLNK    : Dies of unnatural causes

I also tried with APLPGM.OPT and YPGNOT.OPT (I can never remember
which one to use) and got the same error messages.  I also tried it on
a unix machine (arcturus) and got the following error messages:

/home/aips/31DEC03/SYSTEM/UNIX/COMLNK: PWD: not found
/home/aips/31DEC03/SYSTEM/UNIX/COMLNK: /COMLNK.26291: cannot create

Any clues as to what may be going on?
Note that several uid's were changed yesterday in Green Bank.

Thanks,
Toney Minter