[daip] Re: bandpass problems

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Jun 3 11:01:00 EDT 2003

The BBCs used at many of the European stations have
quite different shapes compared to the VLBA BBCs.
(Or, the VLBA BBCs have quite different shapes
compared to the ones in Europe ...)  My recollection
is that the VLBA BBCs tend to have a gentle slope
through most of the bandpass, then scream down at
the high end.  The European BBCs tend to have their
amplitude response more centrally peaked, I think
with a more symmetric looking bandpass.  I don't
recall the phase response.

So I wonder if the same setting for the parameter
even is the right thing for all the telescopes?

Jim