[daip] external tape drive and AIPS

Nordgren, Tyler Tyler_Nordgren at redlands.edu
Thu Jul 31 18:20:23 EDT 2003

Hi there,

I've just bought and hooked up an external exabyte drive for my machine. I
am
trying to get AIPS to recognize it and include it in the list of tape
devices
upon start-up, but am failing. I have edited the aips/DA00/TPDEVS.LIST file.
It now reads:

# Host     Device-name    Comment
206.208.130.216           /dev/nst0     'Exabyte on Tycho'

Upon starting aips, I am still presented with a list of two, and
only two, remote tapes (of which there aren't actually any). Any suggestions
on what I need to do in order to get aips to acknowledge this device which
is physically attached to the machine? Oh, in case it matters I am running
AIPS on a Dell box running Linux Mandrake 9.0.

Cheers,

Tyler Nordgren