[daip] XSMTH

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Jul 24 19:46:56 EDT 2003

Lynn,

Suppose we have 128 pixels at the first axis of the original image.
And you use NPOINTS=32.

Then XSMTH will send into first axis of the output image  32 points.
Each of these 32 point is the result of the convolution of the input image
with the convolved function having its maximum with step of 4 pixel.
I am not sure where does it start:
1,5,9.......125  or
2,6,10......126  or
4,8,12......128

This is my understanding of the XSMTH codes.

Eric Greisen the author of the task will be here on Monday and he will be
able to give you beter answer.

Leonid Kogan