[daip] Re: WSRT Multiple IF data in AIPS....

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Jul 20 16:38:16 EDT 2003

I have looked some at DBCON and it does not make mistakes with my
multi-IF data.  At the same time, it will not combine data with
different numbers of IFs (in the header).  One error that could arise
in another antenna's FITS writer would be the writing of wrong header
and/or other parameters in tables.  DBCON is not careful in NUMIF in
the header of the incoming SU tables - it should I suppose check that
the two SU tables each have the same number of IFs as the UV data.

Perhaps you could point me at an anonymous ftp site with the 2 UV FITS
files you read in prior to the DBCON.  Then I could look over them and
see if there were a way to make this mess up happen.

Thanks,