[daip] remote tape problem

Michael Bietenholz michael at polaris.phys.yorku.ca
Fri Jul 18 14:28:43 EDT 2003

I'm getting the messages from a Linux system (Fornax) which is trying
to access the tape drive on a SUL system (Polaris).  Can you tell from
this what I am missing to get this to work?  Both are running Dec2003
Aips.  Fornax is on Polaris' DA00/TPHOSTS, but not on its HOSTS.LIST

I thought this had worked at some point but I could be wrong - it occurs
to me that it might not work at all because I'm mixing a big and a
little endian system.

ZVTPX2 READ HEADER ERROR: Connection reset by peer
AIPS 2: ZMOUNR: UNABLE TO TALK TO REMOTE TAPE DEVICE, ERROR    3
AIPS 2: ZERROR: IN ZMOUNR ERRNO = 1 (Operation not permitted)
AIPS 2: TAPE PROBLEM

             thanks,      michael bietenholz