[daip] Strange PRTAN data in AL592 data set

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jul 9 09:39:16 EDT 2003

I have found this problem previously with the archive, when the antennas
file
is missing for some reason.  However, I'm surprised it happens in new data.
I'm copying this to Ken and Pat in case there is something they need to look
at in the way data are being written to the original tapes.

The antennas have been in the same place for a few weeks.  So the solution
I have used in the past is to find an observation a couple days earlier or
later, and fill a little bit of that observation.  Then you can take the
AN table from that data set, and copy it to the faulty data set using
TACOP.  That should fix Loinard's immediate problem.  Ken or Pat,
do you have any idea how the antennas file might have failed to get
connected to the data?

Jim