[daip] AIPS HELP

Rajib Saha msc phy rajib at iitk.ac.in
Tue Jul 8 04:58:32 EDT 2003

  Respected Sir,
  I am  a Ph.D student of the Physics department of Indian Institute of
  Technology, Kanpur.I want
  to install AIPS in my  computer .But since this is the first time I am
  installing I am a bit confused.I would like to know the follwings:

  1]There are two versions of AIPS in the www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/
  homepage. Among the 31DEC03 and 31DEC02 versions which one should I
  prefer. I plan to
  install it in a linux machine (Linux version 8.0,Compiler 3.0).Is it
  possible to
  install 31DEC03 in this machine.In your homapage
  http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/dec03.shtml
  it is mentioned that we need a Maclntosh OSX system for the installation
  of 31DEC03. Is it mandatory to have Maclntosh OSX system for 31DEC03.

  2] Is there any subscription fee to enter  in the managers list
  and  to get help from you during installation and afterwards if I need?

  Waiting for your kind reply,
  Thanking You,
  Yours sincerely,
  Rajib Saha.