[daip] AIPS cannot find libcurses.so.1 .

Hiroshi IMAI imai at jive.nl
Wed Jul 2 06:19:02 EDT 2003

Dear AIPS team,

I would like to ask to fix a fatal problem in AIPS happening as follows.
After doing the midnight job around this May, 31DEC03 version of AIPS
does not work in our JIVE/ASTRON Solaris 6 or SunOS 5.6 version.
The error message says that AIPS cannot find the library, libcurses.so.1,
which exists in /usr/xpg4/lib/libcurses.so.1. On the other hand, 31DEC02
version works properly. We guess that the new START_AIPS script tries to
access the library in the different way or the present library
libcurses.so.1 has already been time out. Do you have any idea to fix
the problem in JIVE? or in NRAO? Thank you very much for kind help.

Best regards,

Hiroshi Imai

        *          Hiroshi IMAI, Ph.D.
 *             *   EVN Support Scientist,   E-mail: imai at jive.nl
     European
*     VLBI      *
      Network       Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe (JIVE)
 *             *    Postbus 2, 7990 AA Dwingeloo, the Netherlands
   *         *      Tel: +31 521 596540 (Office) FAX: +31 521 597332
        *           URL: www.jive.nl/~imai