[daip] Error during AIPS loggin in !

Everton Ludke eludke at lynx.ccne.ufsm.br
Thu Jan 30 11:53:49 EST 2003

Dear Sir,

   I am having a problem with a particular user number in aips
classical version. The system is a Slackware Linux 7.1.

   When I invoke AIPS in Unix and type the number, I have the following
message:

rosane at antares:~$
rosane at antares:~$ aips

START_AIPS:Your initial AIPS printer is the DUMMY PRINTER
START_AIPS:  - system name lp, AIPS type PREVIEW

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file /home/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST)
   Disk 1 (1) is /home/aips/DATA/ANTARES_1
   Disk 2 (2) is /home/aips/DATA/ANTARES_2
   Disk 3 (3) is /home/aips/DATA/ANTARES_3
   Disk 4 (4) is /home/aips/DATA/ANTARES_4
   Disk 5 (5) is /home/aips/DATA/ANTARES_5

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is Local ANTARES DAT TAPE on ANTARES
   Tape 2 is REMOTE
   Tape 3 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: You seem to be at a workstation called antares
TVDEVS.SH:Starting TV servers on antares asynchronously
TVDEVS.SH:  - with Internet Sockets...
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TPMON daemons on ANTARES asynchronously...
Starting up 15OCT99 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 15OCT99) at priority = 0

AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server 1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server 1
AIPS 1:Enter user ID number ?
XASERVERS: TVSERV is already running on host antares, user rosane
XASERVERS: XAS is already running on host antares, display :0, user rosane
XASERVERS: TEKSRV is already running on host antares, display :0, user rosane
XASERVERS: MSGSRV is already running on host antares, display :0, user rosane

      Then I type the aips number 300

? 300 <return>

AIPS 1:  15OCT99 AIPS:
AIPS 1:  Copyright (C) 1995-1999 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 1:  AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 1:  for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 1: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 1: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 1: ZFIO: OPER = READ LUN = 27 NREC = 385
AIPS 1: ZFI2:REQUEST FOR BYTES 393217 THRU = 394240 BEYOND EOF = 393216
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
AIPS 1: DISK PROBLEM CODES:     3    0

Now, no aips command would work here. Even when I type exit
I get the following message:

>exit
AIPS 1: SYMBOL?  EXIT

Any other number will work fine and that's why I believe that it has
to do with some innitialization archive which may be corrupted. All
disks in that machine seems fine and can be read/written to from
other user numbers.

I would like to ask what may be the problem and how do I fix it
so that user number 300 can be used again ?

Thanks a lot,

Everton Ludke
AIPS manager