[daip] DBCON

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Jan 23 15:19:53 EST 2003

Dear Subhashis,

I found a small DBCON bug, but that only fixed a small
part of your problem (it made the phases more reasonable
but did not fix than completely).  The other problem is
that DBCON does not recalculate the tangent point phase
center for the data and your shift is big enough that
this matters.

I tested this in UVFIX, which does shift the tangent
point, when I shifted the phase center the phases were
all 0.  So you should try that as a fix.  Shift things
first in UVFIX and concatinate in DBCON.  The bug I
found in DBCON is not an issue if there is no shift.
Note: A feature of UVFIX is that it automatically
converts everything to J2000 coordinates.

The DBCON bug will be fixed and Eric said he would put
the tangent point shift in DBCON, if you are on the
midnight job you could get those updates in the next
week or so.

Cheers,

Amy