[daip] Need help building AIPS!

Jonathan Adams jfadams at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 14 15:31:08 EST 2003

Hello -

 My name is Jonathan Adams. I am the Unix/Linux system administrator at the
SOFIA Projects at Ames Research Center.

 I am having a difficult time building AIPS on our Solaris 8 science
application server and can really use some help. One of our astonomers (Goran
Sandell) needs AIPS to be up and running soon.

 I'm not sure what specific info you will need from me, so if someone would
contact me soon so we can start to work together on this, I would really
apriciate that.

 Here is some basic information:

Solaris 8 (patched and up to date)
Sun's compilers (WorkShop v6)
31DEC02.safe release of AIPS

 The build proceeds nicely for quite some time, (hours), the fails during the
instep4 build with the errors:
--
INSTEP4    : Failure in $QPGOOP/...
INSTEP4    : compiling/linking.

 Please let me know what else you need to know. Thanks in advance!