[daip] Re: temporary literal space?

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Wed Feb 26 16:26:11 EST 2003

Hiroshi IMAI writes:
 > Dear Eric,
 >
 > We acknowledge for updating ZFREE in AIPS.
 > We would like to ask another updating the "temporary literal space".
 > We have developed the pipeline script, which has so many functions
 > as well as so many and long loops in the script to perform automatically
 > pipelining. Recently, the pipeline interrupted with the message
 > "STACK LIMIT" even without any wrong input parameters. The script has
 > up to 1900 lines. At first, we would like to ask whether the "STACK LIMIT"
 > comes from the limit of the temporary literal space. If so, we wish to
 > ask to extend the space. Otherwise, please let me know another possibility
 > of the trouble. Now we are processing pipelining by changing input
 > parameters and by dividing the pipelining into several sub-tasks.

I have raised the limit to 1000 for the compiler stacks.  The MNJ
should fix this tomorrow.  Lorant points out that this message can
come from an error in which one sets a scalar to a character string.
This may be the cause of the problem (i.e. POP more items from the
stack than it has rather then PUSH more than it can hold).