[daip] AIPS problem. Probably message file

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Feb 20 10:09:53 EST 2003

Jose Francisco Gomez writes:

 > One of our users has a problem with her AIPS sessions.
 > It looks to me as related to her message file, but I'm not
 > sure, and I don't know how to solve this.

     The message file is in her first data area - when aips starts it
shows these areas and her file will be named MSDuuu000.uuu\; where uuu
is her user number in extended hex.  I would recommend deleting it -
the first record in it has been corrupted and it thinks the file is
much longer than it is.

Eric Greisen