[daip] TV problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Feb 14 12:13:55 EST 2003

Zheng Xingwu writes:

 > I have added the TV server, TV lock and so on in the SERVICES file in
 > the directory /etc. The TV and MESSAGE windows open correctly.
 > I,however,still have some errors when plotting images into TV. The error
 > message is the following:
 >
 > ZSSSL2 connect(INET) Network is unreachable
 > AIPS 1: ZSSSLK: ERROR 1 ON LOCK
 > AIPS 1: ON LOCK ERROR 6 FROM ZSSSLK
 > AIPS 1: YTVOPN TV LOCK OPEN ERROR 6
 > AIPS 1: TV OPEN ERROR 6
 >
 > i'd appreciate it very much if you'd help me solve the bug.

You do not tell me enough to be certain what is going on.  It would be
good to see all the messages emitted as aips starts up.

My suspicion is that you are on a single computer not connected to the
internet and not running the loop back mechanisms that allow an
isolated computer to act as if it were on the network.  Try using unix
sockets instead of Inets ones by saying

      aips tv=local