[daip] Aips algorithms

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 27 15:54:42 EDT 2003

Jablonski, Daniel G. writes:

 > Is there a good reference book or report that provides mathematical
 > summaries of the algorithms coded in the AIPS software?  Thanks,

Not explicitly.  There are procedings of several of our summer schools
called Synthesis Imaging in Radio Astronomy - I am unsure how many
versions of this have appeared.  My copy is an old one -
Astron Soc of the Pacific Conference Series Vol 6 ed Perley, Schwab,
Bridle. 1989

It also does not contain the details of  some of the algorithms in
IMAGR such as the multiple resolution.  See the explain files with the
tasks for some details as well.