[daip] aips help

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 27 12:57:37 EDT 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:22:05 -0600, Eric Greisen <egreisen at nrao.edu> said:

> Robert Braun writes:
>> Hi Eric and Pat,

>> Thanks for you quick responses. Our system people are still struggling
>> with my problem. Of your list, Eric:

>> >      lockd
>> >      nfsd
>> >      rpciod
>> >      inetd

>> both nfsd and inetd were not running in the first instance. After manually

What about the nfslock service?  That's the crucial one.  Get it running
on both the NFS client and the NFS server, and you've fixed your
problems.  I suspect it's already working on the server.

>> Is there any way to get around the locking problem by providing a local

I strongly recommend against this approach.  File locking has been
working for us here for some time.  In fact checking on google I see
that this (as root on the new SuSE system):

     /etc/init.d/nfslock start

should work.  See also:

http://www.linuxmanagers.org/pipermail/linuxmanagers/2003-June/001204.html

which may be of some help.