[daip] Aips tape problem

Shami Chatterjee shami at astro.cornell.edu
Fri Aug 15 15:09:42 EDT 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Patrick P Murphy wrote:

> Remember to check TPHOSTS too; this is where you define who's allowed to
> connect to your TPMON daemons on Dizzy and other machines.

Yes, I forgot to specify that I have
*.astro.cornell.edu
in TPHOSTS.

> Check your /etc/nsswitch.conf on dizzy.

This was the filename I was looking for.
I have "services:   files nisplus" in there, which may be one source of
the problem. Fixed this.

> > I've set up dizzy as a Linux aips host, doing all the steps except
> > "sysetup dizzy" (I did NOT do this last step).

Following your and Eric's email, I did do this step as well.

./START_TPSERVERS
STARTPMON: [DIZZY] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
STARTPMON: [DIZZY] Starting TPMON2 with output SUPPRESSED

Good, this problem is solved.
Thanks to both of you for your help!
Shami

--