[daip] VPLOT in SUL

Hiroshi IMAI imai at jive.nl
Thu Aug 14 05:21:43 EDT 2003

Dear Eric,

Accoring to your message, our MNJ had problems in recompiles and relinks,
which makes problems in adverb interpretation. This phenomenon is what
we meet at JIVE. Probably these problems will be fixed easily if you kindly
access to our machine again.

Thank you very much for so much help.

Cheers,

Hiroshi

> The problem lies in your MNJ which has never worked.  Lorant logged
> me in and I tried to run the MNJ.  It did the recompiles and relinks
> instantly and issued an error message about a missing file.  That file
> was the program that makes the list of files to recompile/relink.  Our
> MAKE.MNJ combined with your path and lack of standard compilers failed
> to make the 2 programs needed by the MNJ.  I have made them by hand
> and am now rerunning the MNJ which is going satisfyingly slowly.
>
> The problem with VPLOT - and with numerous other tasks - was that the
> MNJ updated the inputs files with new adverbs but did not rebuild the
> load modules to match the new inputs.  So the adverbs were being
> wrongly interpreted inside the programs.
>
> I guess I have work to do on MAKE.MNJ.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Eric Greisen

        *          Hiroshi IMAI, Ph.D.
 *             *   EVN Support Scientist,   E-mail: imai at jive.nl
     European
*     VLBI      *
      Network       Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe (JIVE)
 *             *    Postbus 2, 7990 AA Dwingeloo, the Netherlands
   *         *      Tel: +31 521 596540 (Office) FAX: +31 521 597332
        *           URL: www.jive.nl/~imai