[daip] VPLOT in SUL

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 13 11:52:02 EDT 2003

The problem lies in your MNJ which has never worked.  Lorant logged
me in and I tried to run the MNJ.  It did the recompiles and relinks
instantly and issued an error message about a missing file.  That file
was the program that makes the list of files to recompile/relink.  Our
MAKE.MNJ combined with your path and lack of standard compilers failed
to make the 2 programs needed by the MNJ.  I have made them by hand
and am now rerunning the MNJ which is going satisfyingly slowly.

The problem with VPLOT - and with numerous other tasks - was that the
MNJ updated the inputs files with new adverbs but did not rebuild the
load modules to match the new inputs.  So the adverbs were being
wrongly interpreted inside the programs.

I guess I have work to do on MAKE.MNJ.

Cheers,