[daip] XGAUS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 8 12:08:16 EDT 2003

Ylva Pihlstroem writes:

 > I was hoping to get some help with XGAUS, since I've had some problems.
 >
 > I am trying to fit 3 gaussians to an emission line. It works fine using
 > input values of GPOS etc, but if RETR is selected in order to enter new
 > guesses, it usually only takes into account 2 of the 3 gaussians in the
 > following fits. Sometimes it skips the first one though, and to me it
 > seems like the task is not reading in the cursor values properly.
 >
 > Also, it does not work if velocity is on the input axis. However, doing an
 > ALTSW into frequency makes it work.

This is a particularly bad task - it was designed in detail by a
famous woman line observer.  The current TEK emulation windows really
do not work well and it should be recoded to use the TV.  Its
structire should be overhauled to use a table that you can manipulate
in multiple ways including restarting the task another day.  I can
take a look but really do not have the time this task will require.