[daip] FITTP messages

Craig Walker cwalker at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Aug 8 11:33:19 EDT 2003

FITTP writes a message to the screen and to the message file every
time it sees a new source.  For single subarray observations, this is
fine.  I'm currently loading RDV40 (a geodesy project), which typically
has 3 subarrays going at any given time.  I am getting something close to
one line per visrec in the message file and the screen.  I suspect that this
is both slowing things down (text writes tend to be slow) and filling
the disk with messages.  Could there be something that tests not just
against the last record, but against all sources seen in the last
few integration times, or last at a station or some such?

This is low priority but I thought I'd get the request into the "written"
record.

Craig

    R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
    cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
    Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
    Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA