[daip] AIPS and Redhat 7.2

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Thu Sep 5 10:57:59 EDT 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 15:22:00 -0700, Michael Faison
   <Michael.Faison at reed.edu> said:

> Will classic AIPS be released for Redhat 7.2?

It already runs on 7.2.  The only caveat is that if you're building from
source, you need the GNU C/Fortran compilers (gcc, g77) version *2.95.3*
installed in some place like /usr/local/bin/.  The "2.96" RedHat version
and most of the 3.x compilers have issues.

If you go to www.gnu.org and get the 2.95 GNU compilers, they want to
install by default in /usr/local/... which is fine.

For more info, see <http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/>.

> Also, where can the aips linux binaries be downloaded?

For 31DEC02, there are no binaries provided as this version changes
frequently (daily sometimes).  FOr 31DEC01 there are binaries in
ftp://ftp.cv.nrao.edu/aips/31DEC01/LINUX/LOAD/; however I am not 100%
certain if these are the final versions (Eric may know...).

				- Pat (not in the AIPS group, just
                                  happened to know most of the answers to
                                  this one)
--
 Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.              Division Head, CV Computing, NRAO
 Home: http://www.chien-noir.com/    Work: http://www.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/