[daip] Data Areas in AIPS

Maritza Tavarez tavarez at draco.astro.lsa.umich.edu
Wed Sep 4 17:48:36 EDT 2002

Hello,

	I am having trouble defining the data areas when installing AIPS
31DEC02 version.  I have entered the following in screen 7 of the install
wizard:

/home/aips/DATA_1
/u3/aips/DATA_2
/m6/aips/DATA_3

As a space separated list.  Everything compiles correctly, but it cannot
find the data areas.  These directories are listed in the DADEVS.LIST and
NETSP files, yet when installing nothing appears.

I've even tried doing the symbolic links thing based on what it suggested

/home/aips/DATA_1:/usr/local/AIPS/AIPS/DATA/MARITZALT_1 etc...

But it doesn't work either.  I then created the symbolic links and added
the lines to the DADEVS file and ran the install script again.  This time
it found the directories but said they were unavailable.

Any ideas on what else I can try?

Thank you in advance,
Maritza Tavarez