[daip] Re: Your AIPS Registration for 31DEC01

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Tue Oct 22 09:43:28 EDT 2002

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:18:59 +0530 (IST), Sandip Kumar Chakrabarti
   <chakraba at bose.res.in> said:

> Dear Partick,

I'm no longer doing AIPS tech support (I was wearing too many hats and had
to take some off)... but I think I know the answer to this one.

> Could you tell me why my TV is locked in AIPS? I get an error:

> VPLOT1: Task VPLOT  (release of 31DEC01) begins
> ZSSSL2 connect (INET): Connection refused

It can't connect to your TV (XAS) or the TVSERV lock daemon.  One or both
are not running.  A TVINIT will also show this.  Best thing is to use
KLEENEX to exit from AIPS and then restart it.

You can also check what's running via things like this from the unix
command line:

        ps auxww | grep XAS             (Linux, OSF1, *BSD,)
or      ps -ef   | grep XAS             (Solaris, Irix, HP-UX)

That'll show if XAS is running or not.  You can do the same for TVSERV
(possibly called TVSRV1 or TVSRV2).  XAS is what paints the "TV" on your
screen; TVSERV is an invisible daemon that decides what processes (local
and remote) can write to the TV.

				- Pat

--
 Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.              Division Head, CV Computing, NRAO
 Home: http://www.chien-noir.com/    Work: http://www.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/