[daip] Help !

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Mon Oct 14 17:11:12 EDT 2002

I'm not formally with the AIPS group anymore, but they're all either on
vacation or here with me (at ADASS).

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:11:25 +0200 (CEST), Luca Moscadelli
   <mosca at ca.astro.it> said:

> I need your help for understanding a strange AIPS feature.
> During an AIPS session the system crushed. After restarting it, I found
> out that, entering with  the USER ID = 2, command lines are not
> understood. At any command AIPS always replies with "SYMBOL?" .
> On the contrary, when working with  USER ID other than 2 the commands
> are correctly interpreted  (!?).

If I remember correctly, this is a sign of a bad save/get file.  As it's
user#2, you can try the following:

 1) identify which data area is "disk 1" and go there ("cd" in unix shell)
 2) type this:
               rm SGD002*

    This will remove all save/get files for user number 2.  They will be
    re-created (empty).
 3) start aips again, user#2.

				- Pat
--
 Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.              Division Head, CV Computing, NRAO
 Home: http://www.chien-noir.com/    Work: http://www.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/