[daip] problems with installation

Irini Sakelliou irini at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
Thu Oct 10 10:14:56 EDT 2002

Dear Madam/Sir,

We are trying to install AIPS (31DEC02, solaris version), but we are
getting some error messages, and AIPS just after I give as my ID the
number 32000.

Additionally, I do not know where to find my ID number (as I understand
32000 is for any user)

Many thanks for your help.
Irini
****
The messages are the following:

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called xun5
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TV servers on xun5 asynchronously
TVDEVS.SH:  - with Internet Sockets...
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TPMON daemons on XUN5 asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC02 AIPS with normal priority
ZDCHI1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:SPD000000;          NOT FOUND
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC02) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:SPD000000;          NOT FOUND
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   2
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   2
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?DADEVS.PL: This program is untested under Perl version 5.006
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on xun5
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start XAS on xun5, DISPLAY :0.0
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: **  No TrueColor found
XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: Using screen width height 1142 800, max grey level 196
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Warning -- creating virtual colormap
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on xun5, DISPLAY :0.0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on xun5, DISPLAY :0.0

AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?32000
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:PWD000000;          NOT FOUND
 Note: IEEE floating-point exception traps enabled:
    overflow;  division by zero;  invalid operation;
 Nonstandard floating-point mode enabled
 See the Numerical Computation Guide, ieee_handler(3M), ieee_sun(3M)

...and it crashes.

 Dr. Irini Sakelliou
 Astrophysics and Space Research Group |  Email: irini at star.sr.bham.ac.uk
 School of Physics and Astronomy       |  Tel:   0121 414 3565
 The University of Birmingham          |  Fax:   0121 414 3722
 Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT        |